Hope everyone had a Happy Easter and didn’t overdo it on the hard-boiled eggs, chocolate rabbits and peeps. As long as we remember what the day signifies, we’ll be OK. Now that spring is officially here, we can prepare for our gardens. Don’t think we’ll put one in this year. I don’t know if it’s cheaper to grow veggies or buy them. But if you find yourself with an overabundance, I’m sure you will be able to find someone to take some off your hands (myself, included).
Heads Up! Dinner hours are back to being served Wednesday and Friday 5-7 p.m. and breakfasts on Sundays 8:30-10 a.m. We’re always ready to bring new members into the Post and Auxiliary. We can always use volunteers, members or not, to help with the cooking, helping to serve or cleanup, upkeep, etc. If you’re interested in joining and/or helping out, call the Post at 763-4439. Remember, we’re here for the Veterans.
We are in desperate need of cooks. If you’re interested, please give Debbi a call at (951) 763-1291. We will be more than glad to guide you through the steps to prepare a meal for a crowd.
Keep saving those aluminum pull tabs for Ronald McDonald House, cancelled stamps for a Wounded Warrior project, and Campbell Labels for Education.
Activities for the fist half of April which is (Straw Hat Month) are:
- Apr 1 – Debbi’s Over BBQ Pork Ribs, seasoned roasted potatoes, veggies, roll, salad bar, dessert.
- April 2 – Ron’s $1 Tacos noon to 5 p.m.: Karaoke starts 3 p.m.
- April 3 – Tonie’s Ham & Eggs, home fries, toast, fruit, sweet rolls.
- April 6 – Tonie’s Beef stroganoff w/mushrooms over noodles, veggies, roll, salad, dessert.
- April 7 – NO HOUSEWORK DAY (YEAH!!)
- April 8 – Debbi’s Southern Smothered Chicken/cream gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad bar, dessert.
- April 10 – Lions’ Made-to-order Omelets, hash browns, toast, fruit, sweet rolls.
- Apr 11 – BARBERSHOP QUARTET DAY (get those vocal cords tuned up).
- April 13 – Anna Cleveland’s Open Face Hot Turkey sandwich w/gravy, cranberry sauce, salad, cheddar cheese potatoes, dessert.
- April 15 – Mike’s Ham & scalloped potatoes, veggies, salad & soup bar, roll, dessert.
- April 16 – Ron’s $1 Tacos noon to 5 p.m.: Karaoke starts 3 p.m.
All meals include coffee, tea, & hot chocolate.
Thursdays: $1 dogs – 4-7 p.m.
Saturdays: Pizza – 3 p.m. (first and third Saturdays $1 tacos noon till 5 p.m.)
All community members are welcome and remember to bring your guests. The more the merrier.
If you were born in April, your flower is the Sweet Pea or Daisy and your birthstone is a Diamond.
Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle.
“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop,” and the devil’s name is Alzheimer.