Fall will soon be upon us. A lot of us are looking forward to cooler weather. However, just the word “Fall” does not guarantee it. It just gives us a false sense of security. A lot of hot weather could still come our way. But the cool (sometimes cold) nights are more than welcome.
Join us Sunday, Sept. 25 when we honor our Gold Star Mothers at breakfast. For those who are not familiar with the term, these are ladies who lost their sons/daughters in battle. We have two mothers who made that sacrifice. This is our way of thanking them.
Our Wednesdays have been very successful potlucks. If you would like to something to share, bring your donations by 5 p.m. There is a donation jar – not for the cooks, but to help the Post since there isn’t any other income coming in Wednesday nights. We’ve had some great donation menus. Thanks to all those who participate.
We sure could use new cooks and helpers. If you’re interested, please give our kitchen manager, Debbi, a call at 763-1291.
Activities for the rest of September (which is NATIONAL COUPON MONTH) are:
- Sept. 16 Mike’s Beef Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, salad bar, ice cream & cookie
- POW/MIA RECOGNITION DAY
Sept. 17 Ron & Vicki’s $6 burgers & fries 12 – 3 p.m., KARAOKE 3 – 7 p.m.
- Sept. 18 Comrade’s Eggs-to-order, sausage or bacon, potatoes, toast, juice
- Sept. 21 Canteen Menu; Mini potluck (bring something to share)
- Sept. 22 FALL BEGINS
- Sept. 23 Vicki’s Fried Chicken, french fries, coleslaw, soup & salad bar, dessert
- Sept. 25 Barbara Ann’s French toast or pancakes, eggs to order, bacon or sausage, fruit, juice
HONOR GOLD STAR MOTHERS – 8:30 a.m.
- Sept. 28 Canteen Menu; Mini potluck (bring something to share)
- Sept. 30 Commander’s Dinner – Beer battered cod, french fries, carrot & raisin salad, chicken soup, dessert
Wednesday Bar Food and potluck 5 – 7 p.m.
- Friday Dinners – 5 – 7 p.m.
- Sunday Breakfast – 8:30 – 10 a.m.
MEALS OPEN TO ALL
All meals include coffee, tea & hot chocolate.
Thursday: $1 dogs – 4-7 p.m.
Saturday: Bar Food available 3 p.m. (first & third Saturdays $6 Burgers available noon till 5 p.m.)
If you were born in September, your flower is the Morning Glory and your birthstone is a Sapphire.
Use a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol or white vinegar to remove water spots from stainless steel sinks.