Doesn’t seem possible the year is almost over. But we say that every year. If you’re heading out for the holidays, be watchful of the drivers who are in too big of a hurry to get where they’re going.
The Comrades & Auxiliary members wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year. We are having a New Year’s Eve Party and Karaoke Dec. 31, from 6 p.m. till midnight. It’s a potluck so bring your favorite dish to share.
We will be having a silent auction some time in December. Check with the Post at 763-4439 for the date.
Dinners are now being served from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Our Wednesday potlucks continue to be very successful. If you would like to bring something to share, have it there by 5 p.m. We’ve had some great donation menus. Thanks to all those who participate.
We sure could use new cooks and helpers. If you’re interested, please give our kitchen manager, Debbi, a call at (951) 763-1291.
Activities for the last half of December are:
- Dec. 16 – Tonie’s Crusted Parmesan Chicken, rice pilaf, veggies, salad, rolls, dessert
- Dec. 17 – Ron’s $6 burgers noon – 5 p.m.: Karaoke 3-7 p.m.
- Dec. 18 – Comrade’s Eggs to order, bacon or sausage, toast, potatoes, juice
- Dec. 21 – Canteen snacks & hors devours potluck
- Dec. 23 – Debbi’s Spiral sliced ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies, roll, salad & soup bar, dessert
- Dec. 25 – A-phabet Day (It’s “No ‘L’ Day.” Get it? “Noel” – It’s Christmas)
- Dec 24 & 25 – VFW Kitchen and Canteen closed – MERRY CHRISTMAS
- Dec. 28 – Canteen snacks & hors devours potluck
- Dec. 30 – Annie’s Salisbury steak w/mushroom gravy, roasted potatoes, veggies, salad, peach cobbler
- Dec. 31 – Open 6 p.m. untill midnight – Karaoke & Potluck
Wednesday Bar Food and Pot Luck 5 – 7 p.m.
Thursday $1 dogs – 4 – 7 p.m.
Friday Dinners – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Sunday Breakfast – 8:30 – 10 a.m.
Meals are open to all and include coffee, tea & hot chocolate.
Saturday: Bar Food available 3 p.m. (first & third Saturdays $6 Burgers available noon till 5 p.m.) Second & fourth Saturdays $1 Tacos
When red wine spills, sprinkle the spill immediately with lots of salt. Dunk into cold water and rub the stain out before washing.