Murrieta, Homeland victims identified in fatal SR 79 crash

Published on November 27, 2011 by Editor

HEMET – The Riverside County coroner this morning identified two men killed in a head-on collision on state Route 79 south of Hemet.

The crash on southbound State Route 79 near Ninth Avenue was reported at 3:29 a.m. Sunday, the California Highway Patrol said.

The driver, Patrick Adam Ryan, 22, of Homeland, was ”swerving all over the road” in his Scion and struck a Toyota Camry head-on, the CHP reported.

The Camry was driven by Michael Timothy McCoy, 42, of Murrieta.

Both drivers were declared dead at the scene. The coroner’s reports say they died from massive internal blunt force trauma. A passenger in the Camry was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries, according to the CHP.

Crash kills Murrieta, Homeland Reside

WINCHESTER – Two motorists, one from Murrieta and the other from Homeland, were killed in a head-on collision on state Route 79 in Winchester today, the California Highway Patrol and county coroner’s office said.

The crash near Ninth Avenue was reported at 3:29 a.m. The driver of a 2008 Scion XB was heading south on Route 79 at about 65 mph when he swerved into the northbound lane in front of a 2002 Camry, according to a CHP spokesman.

The driver of the Scion, identified by the coroner as Patrick Adam Ryan, 22, of Homeland, was killed, along with the driver of the Camry, identified as Michael Timothy McCoy, 42, of Murrieta.

A woman who was not identified and was a passenger in the Camry was taken to Riverside County Regional Medical Center with critical injuries, the CHP spokesman said.

The crash closed a stretch of Route 79 in both directions for about two hours, he said.

Two dead after fatal accident on SR 79, authorities seeking motorist

HEMET – Two people died in a head-on collision on state Route 79 south of Hemet today, and a person who ran from the scene was being sought, the California Highway Patrol said. The crash near Ninth Avenue was reported at 3:29 a.m., according to the CHP said. One driver was reported to be ”swerving all over the road” and struck another vehicle head-on, the CHP said. Someone ran from the scene. Two people were declared dead at the scene, and a third person was taken to a hospital with critical injuries, according to the CHP.

24 Responses to Murrieta, Homeland victims identified in fatal SR 79 crash

1. Brother Reply

November 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Michael,
    We love you and we’re going to miss you every single day.

2. Nick Reply

November 28, 2011 at 7:30 am

Adam we love you and will miss you rip

3. simon Reply

November 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm

adam we’re going to miss you every single day,r.i.p.bro

4. Poun Reply

November 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Michael,
    We will miss you. RIP

5. Friend Reply

November 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm

My prayers go out to both grieving families… I am so sorry for your pain. Adam, you are a kind, sweet, and gentl soul. May God bring us comfort.

6. A friend Reply

November 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm

This is horrible to read. I attended highschool with Adam and its just sad to see that two lives were lost because of wreckless driving. I am so sorry for both families. I really pray alcohol was NOT involved in this crash..I saw on facebook a post that adam was drunk and playing beer pong before this all happened, but the post was removed. Its sad that he may have got into a car drunk, or if he wasnt its just all horrible that this happened. People from my highschool class are dropping like flies and its just a sad thing to see. I feel really sorry for the other family as well, they too lost someone special because of all this

7. Aunt and Uncle Reply

November 28, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Mike was a very special young man , he will be missed very much, Pray for strength for his sibllings and his Mother , we also pray his wife who was also injured badly in this horrible accident that she have a full recovery. RIP Mike.

8. Friend Reply

November 28, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Mike was an amazing man. He had this wonderful outgoing personality and when he spoke, you instantly felt better. He was a father and a husband. It is so tragic and WRONG that his child has to grow up without a dad, it’s WRONG that his wife is in the hospital fighting for her life, its WRONG that his mother and family have to go the rest of their lives without this wonderful man. I am sorry for for the other family, but if this accident was preventable–IF just ONE person had cared enough to take that kid’s keys away and not allow him to drive, Mike and his wife would be enjoying another day of their lives, laughing and making plans for the holidays–

9. Angry Reply

November 29, 2011 at 2:39 am

I hate when story’s get twisted Adam was a on call driver for medical company he had just taken oxygen to a patent and was on way home it is possible that he had fallen asleep!

10. Family Friend Reply

November 29, 2011 at 10:54 am

I am SO saddened to hear this news. Mike was and amazing son, brother, and husband and father. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Wishing his wife a full recovery. While my prayers also go out to the other family. Although I have to say that I agree with the comment that was posted earlier, IF alcohol was involved, and ONE person, just ONE, would have Taken a stand, or cared enough, this tragic accident could have been prevented. IF the other driver was in fact just driving from work, and fell asleep, again this tragic accident could have been prevented. Driving while tired is JUST as dangerous as driving while impaired.

11. R.I.P Reply

November 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm

May god be with you all. What happened, happened…blaming one another now, isn’t going to bring back any of them, they both belong to families who loves them, it is a tragedy that this had to happened, please help me pray for my good and long time friend Susan, who’s restless in the hospital and is fighting for her life….my heart goes out to both family, and Susan you are loved and I’m deeply sorry for your loss, I am here for you and will be there for you. *~ANEDA~*

12. GRANDMA "ORY" Reply

November 29, 2011 at 11:40 pm

MIKE, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WILL BE MISSED,BUT OUR FAMILY WILL ALWAYS LOVE AND CHERISH THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES WE HAVE OF YOU. YOU WERE SUCH AN OUTGOING,LOVING HUSBAND,SON,BROTHER,GRANDSON,FATHER AND UNCLE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE THERE FOR YOUR WIFE CHANTHA AND YOUR SON NICK RIP MIKE

13. His Aunt........ Reply

November 30, 2011 at 12:08 am

I agree with comment #9. ”My Nephew, Mike (My Punkin) was the closest thing to a Son to me.. He was a very caring and good’hearted Guy. The Best……………….. May ‘God take you Mike, in his loving arms. R.I.P.

14. Nick Zenzola Reply

November 30, 2011 at 7:48 am

Adam was on call I talked to him
    Mom after the accident it’s very sad and I pray for both family’s but for someone to even say Adam was drunk is really low! Miss you Adam rip

15. Nick Reply

November 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

for some reason if he was don’t put that out there like that the report will be out and that’s when you can point fingers this is tragic and both family’s lost somthing they can never get back

16. Luciana Reply

November 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Mike was a wonderful man, that was full of life …his smile and laughter was contagious … he had a heart of gold ..

Mike, we will miss you forever.. I’m so sorry we ddn’t have more time with you.. I promise to always remind our son how much you loved him…

17. Drunk? Reply

November 30, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Nobody is implying that adam was drunk! Its a common thing these days when kids drink and drive! Its horrible to see, but when you have things like this http://i.imgur.com/G0NdB.jpg floating around on facebook its even worse to see! Im so sorry for his family, both families in fact. Nobody is blaming here, everyone is in grief, and wishing this didnt happen, people are upset. There is no blame, accidents happen and its horrible that it happened to someone who was so loving and always happy. I feel so sorry for Mikes family as well, he was a father and a husband. I cant even imagine any of this!

18. Nick Z rip Adam & Mike Reply

December 1, 2011 at 7:52 am

I feel very sad by this accident but you people have to believe me when I say Adam was an amazing person and truly loved everyone what happend happend. By bad mouthing him and making accusations will not bring mike or Adam back. I’m sure mike was an amazing person and I believe strongly in god and when it’s your time it’s your time. Saying things about Adam is not hurting him it’s just hurting his family so please let the victims of the crash R.I.P .

19. Family Friend Reply

December 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Its not an accident that this kid was reported to be swerving all over the road by numerous pepeople or that he crossed double yellow lines and hit head on its murder. Drunk, exhaustion whatever these kids dont think and now two families have to pay.

20. friend from school Reply

December 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I totally agree nick z its only causing more grief for the family’s everyone needs to stop pointing fingers and let them rest in peace

21. please Reply

December 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I did not know either one but I do know ppl that knew one. Before you point fingers ask yourself a question? How would Mike and Adam forgive. It sounds like these 2 Men are amazing people and would do whatever it took for anyone. Also remember that both families will read these at one point. Do you want Mikes wife and children to read this. Or Adams Mother, father, or siblings to read this. Just think how you would feel if it were you in there shoes and how it would feel if people were fighting back and forth about what happened when none of us were there. Remember the loved ones that are grieving and respect them. A loss like this hurts lets not make it worse. Support them with the kindness that Adam and Mike would. I am sorry for the loss for both families and my thoughts and prayers are with all.

22. Friend of the REAL victim Reply

December 2, 2011 at 9:41 pm

It’s such a cop out to say “it was his time”…what a joke, do you think Mikey’s family wants to hear that crap? Do you think his wife is laying in that hospital bed feeling comfort from such a lame statement? NO they aren’t…they are asking WHY???? The accountability lies with that kid who crossed over into oncoming traffic and slammed into Mikey’s car, KILLING him and seriously injuring his wife. He and his wife had just gotten off of a long hard nights work and all they were doing was going HOME–they both worked hard to take care of their family, what is his wife supossed to do now?? What about his child?? On top of losing their father/husband, they also will have to worry about finances. That kid took more than “just” Mikey’s life–A LOT MORE!!

23. very sad Reply

December 3, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I just want to point out something that has been taken off this page so maybe it will clarify why people think the other person was intoxicated. I was by one of Adams friends that made the statement that he had been playing beer pong with him all night. Not an accusation by the other Family ! Only the toxicology results will tell the truth. God be with both families at this sad time.

24. HAVE FAITH IN GOD Reply

December 6, 2011 at 8:01 am

Friend of the REAL victim ? come on dude I don’t know any of the people involved with the crash but in life everything happens for a reson. If you put your trust and faith in god this tragic loss will be a lot easier to deal with. I don’t think nick was making a "cop out " because when it’s your time it’s your time regardless of the situation I for one do not drink at all and I have played beer pong and not once has alcohol touched my lips. If the kid was drinking that sucks and dose feel like he got his life cut short but for some reason all the victims were placed at that spot at that time when the accident took place