Don’t forget to vote Nov. 8. You can’t complain about the outcome if you don’t. If you don’t like either candidate, not voting won’t help. It will be just like casting a vote for the candidate you like the least. No matter what the outcome, we’ll just have to live with it.
Mark your calendars. We will be holding a Halloween Potluck Saturday, Oct. 29. Music by Ralph from 6-10 p.m. Costumes are optional.
Our Wednesdays have been very successful potlucks. If you would like to bring something to share, have it there by 5 p.m. We’ve had some great donation menus. Thanks to all those who participate.
We sure could use new cooks and helpers. If you’re interested, please give our kitchen manager, Debbi, a call at (951) 763-1291.
Activities for the last half of October (which is National Pajama Month) are:
- October 21 Vickie’s Meatloaf, mashed potatoes w/gravy, broccoli, salad, dessert
- October 22 Vickie’s $1 beef or chicken tacos 3 – 5 pm
- October 23 Barbara Ann’s Biscuits & gravy, eggs to order, sausage, fruit
- October 26 Canteen Menu, Member & Guest mini potluck, (bring something to share)
- October 28 Barbara Ann’s Oven BBQ baked chicken, cheesy “company potatoes”, veggies, salad, dessert
- October 29 Halloween Potluck (Costumes optional) Music by Ralph 6 – 10 pm
- October 30 Barbara Ann’s French toast or pancakes, eggs to order, sausage or bacon
- Nov. 4 Debbi’s Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, veggies, salad, dessert
Wednesday Bar Food and Pot Luck 5-7 p.m.
Thursday $1 dogs – 4-7 p.m.
Friday Dinners – 5-7 p.m.
Sunday Breakfast – 8:30-10 a.m.
Meals are open to all and include coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Saturday: Bar Food available 3 p.m. (first & third Saturdays $6 Burgers available noon till 5 p.m.) Second & fourth Saturdays $1 tacos.
If you were born in October, your flower is the Marigold and your birthstone is an Opal.
Thaw fish in milk. The milk draws out the frozen taste and provides a fresh-caught flavor.